Cast Bullet Design ~ Ultimate
(Select this text and print for a handy reference)
1. From your Desktop, click on the "CBT Ult Menu" shortcut to open the Cast Bullet Design ~ Ultimate Application Menu.
2. In the Ultimate menu bar, click the Chamber Icon to open the Chamber Draw module.
Select or enter a new chamber dimension record.
Auto draw a Chamber Image to scale and save the image into a chamber caliber folder.
3. From the Chamber Draw module, Bullet Design Tabbed Page, click the Open Draw Cartridge button to open the Cartridge Draw module.
Select a cartridge record and verify neck thickness or enter a new cartridge dimension record.
4. Return to the Chamber Draw module, Bullet Design Tabbed Page.
Step through the edit windows to set up the bullet design dimensions.
Check the "Edit Case Dia >>>" check box.
Click the "Open Draw Cartridge" button to re open the Cartridge Draw module.
The Cartridge neck dimensions will be auto calculated to fit the bullet diameter and chamber neck dimensions.
5. Auto draw a Cartridge Image to scale, rotate 90 degrees and save the image into the chamber caliber folder.
Return to the Chamber Draw module, Bullet Design Tabbed Page and click the "Send critical dimensions to Bullet Design" button.
6. The Bullet Design sketch module will open displaying the bullet design dimensions.
Close the sketch module and make any necessary changes or additions to the design.
Open the Bullet Design Draw module and Auto draw a Bullet Image to scale, rotate 90 degrees and save the image into the chamber caliber folder.
7. In the Ultimate Menu Bar, click the Overlay Icon to open the Image Overlay Module.
Load the Chamber, Bullet and Cartridge images from the chamber caliber folder.
Enter the scale value, chamber and bullet lengths.
Draw the Chamber, Bullet and Cartridge images.
Use the spin-edit controls to re position the cartridge and bullet images within the chamber image.
If not satisfied with the composite drawing, return to the respective drawing modules and re dimension, re draw and save the new images to the caliber folder to load and position.
If satisfied, either save or resize and save the composite drawing for viewing or export.
8. Be sure to deleted any unsatisfactory bullet designs from the Bullet Design module.